- Why do I write this guide? Online marketing advances at the speed of light. So, what you need to keep abreast is a strong base with the discernment to muse critically, go ahead independently, and be relentlessly talented and creative. That’s the main get-up-and-go to jotting down this guide – to set you free with the mental building blocks to gain ground in a competitive industry. Though, there is no lack of guides to marketing. You can single out your learning guide, from textbooks and articles to online video tutorials. However, I thought there was something not present – a guide that commences at the beginning to fit out already-intelligent professionals with a good balance of strategic and tactical advice. So, The Beginner’s Guide to Online Marketing top up that level.
- Who is This Guide I Wrote for? I wrote this complete and comprehensive guide for first-time marketers, experienced entrepreneurs and owners who own small businesses, entry to mid-level candidates, and marketing managers who need resources to aim their direct reports. I hope you walk away from this comprehensive guide feeling confident about your marketing strategy.
- How Much Do You Need to Read this Guide? So, this guide is specially written for you to pore over cover-to-cover. However, when it comes to the new guide, it is based on the previous one. I want to bolster the idea that marketing needs to be assessed holistically. It would help if you did this about growth frameworks and systems instead of campaigns. If you read it from start to end, this extensive and comprehensive guide will help you tie up plenty of moving parts of marketing to your big-picture goal, which is ROI (return on investment).
Be Laser Homed in on Your Customers Your customers, prospects, and partners are essential to your business. If you want to come with flying colors, you should build your marketing strategy around them. So, understanding your customer’s needs is step 1 of marketing, which may be tough when dealing with such a mixed audience. Walking through this guide will help you link up two processes (1) building personal connection at scale and(2) making customer value propositions move back to ROI for your company, whether digital marketing company or clothing.
- Create Your Marketing Framework
Average marketers think about campaigns. Excellent marketers think about growth frameworks. To learn how to lay out your marketing plan into a sustainable, ROI-positive revenue engine for your business. Gone are the period of times of superficial brands. Use metrics to develop a solid revenue stream.
- Create Your Brand’s Story
While folks fork out money, they’re mulling over with both their logical and emotional brains. So, the most successful, effective marketing frameworks tickle their fancy to both. Your company could leverage the strongest storytelling tools to establish customer connections.
- Get ‘Em to Your Website: Foundations of Traffic Acquisition
You may own a great web storefront, excellent blog, or good product, but your business’s growth strategy will only succeed if you drive traffic. Walking through this post, you will find the most common free and paid traffic acquisition frameworks to drive users to your site.
- Get the Plumbing Right: Foundations of Conversion Optimization
Traffic acquisition is only fifty per cent of the marketing equation. So, it would help if you spent a lot of time developing a strategy to get sales. Meanwhile, conversion optimization is a way of (one) converting first-time visitors into customers and (two) converting new customers into repeat buyers. This blog must teach you how.
- Create Audience Connections with Content Marketing
Content marketing comes up with more than just blogging. When carrying through correctly, content bringing in articles, guides (like this one), webinars, guest posts, syndication, E-books, and videos could be sturdy growth drivers for your brand. Zero in on establishing trust and generating excellent standards and quality. Most importantly, confirm that you’re capturing the right metrics. Always produce content to generate ROI. This guide must let you know how. Meanwhile, get our content marketing services if you need to be more serious about generating ROI via your content.
- Get Customers with Paid Channel Advertising
You have met with paid channel marketing in some forms. Other names of this topic are Search engine marketing (SEM), online advertising, or PPC marketing. Often, marketers use these terms interchangeably to paint the word picture of the same concept – traffic purchased via online ads or paid marketing. Both mediocre and great marketers often fight shy of this technique because it asks for money. However, this view will bring a significant disadvantage for you. Nonetheless, it’s usual for businesses to create PPC ads with an unlimited budget. Why? Because you need to be producing an ROI at any cost. This blog walks through the basics of how.
- Amplify 1:1 Connection with Email Marketing
Email marketing comes with a bad reputation. Why? Because, in most cases, it’s so spammy. If you desire to see its incredible power, do execute it correctly. So, the technique is to make more important the human-to-human connection above the sale. Balance automation with a unique effect. Nonetheless, you will learn everything about it in our post.
- Get Incremental Sales Via Affiliate Marketing
It’s beyond belief that the internet is multiple decades old today. But affiliate marketing has existed since the advanced days of online marketing. So, it’s an excellent solution for those risk-averse brands that need more money to put money into upfront marketing costs. The best use of affiliate marketing to build a new revenue stream is for your e-commerce or B2B business.
- Be Visible with Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Undoubtedly, search engines are the strongest platform to connect with people. Google, as well as Bing, are the biggest companies and look to connect with their customers with great user experience ever-feasible. You have to take the first step as a powerful SEO strategy to ensure that your site content and products are as useful as they can be. Then, move to step 2, to be in touch with that user experience information with search engines so that you will rank in the perfect place. No doubt! Search engine optimization is competitive and comes with a rep for being a black art. If you want to learn more about it, head to our Beginners Guide to SEO.
- Get the Word Out with PR
You’ve set up an awesome product or service. What to do now? It’s time for you to get the word out. When done well, great PR(page rank) could be more successful and cheaper than advertising. Whether you need to hire a great agency or experienced consultant, confirm that you know what you’re performing and what types of ROI you bank on. Bear in mind that correlations are the heart and soul of PR. This guide will make you an expert and teach you how to pass over the noise and zero in on substantive, measurable results.
- Launch Your Social Strategy
Your social media strategy has much more than a Facebook profile or Twitter feed. If you carry it through correctly, social media is a strong customer engagement engine and web traffic driver. It isn’t difficult to get sucked into the hype and create a profile on every social media site. But there needs to be a better approach. Instead, you need to pay attention to a few key platforms where your business is more likely to access key customers and prospects. So, this blog teaches you how to make that judgement call.
- A Quick Note on Mobile
Most brands need to be optimized for the mobile web, which is an issue. We work in a cross-platform world. Smartphones and tablets are getting over. If you’re improving your website for mobile visitors, you are probably losing money. To learn how to create a data-driven mobile approach.